Float Repair

I love my float. I mean I love it. I didn’t own my own float until 2012 so I had a huge wait to get my own and I love it (I think I have said that ๐Ÿ™‚ )

After 5 years though, he needs some repairs, so being the frugal soul that I am I decided to do some work to it myself. The arch ways have this silicone stuff that seems to be meant to cover the gap between the actual float and the wheel arch. They didn’t rust proof it before laying the silicone so the mould and rust started to push the silicone stuff out.ย This happened from about 3 months after I owned it so I wasn’t a happy camper considering I bought it brand new.



Anyway so I took all the old silicone out and I was thinking, this will go well.

I had been wanting to take the blue pinstripe off for a while too, so I thought… why not?


There was a bunch of other stickers on there from the manufacturer so I took those off.

I then took all the glue off with nail polish remover. Good thinking Rosey ๐Ÿ™‚ and sanded the area’s back.


After about 4 hours it started to look good. I masked it up to put some 4 in 1 paint on it. It is a primer, undercoat and two other things that I am not sure of, but I assume they are required to make it all ready for a respray.







I have a few more updates to do ready for the Competition year and in 2019 the plan is to have a truck so watch this space…

Happy Riding & Keep Smiling

Mel x





Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s